Apply For Your Tourism And Business Visa (B-1/B-2)

VISA B-1/B-2 Plane icon

Purpose of travel
Tourism or Business (conferences, meetings, short trainings)

*Does not allow you to live or work in the US

Length of stay
Up to six months per visit
Visa validity
1 to 10 years, with multiple entries to the US

Frequently Asked Questions

How long will it take to get my visa?

Our simplified form will take between 20 to 30 minutes to fill. Upon submission, an expert will take between 24 and 48 hours to review it and to contact you with any further steps. Waiting times for the Embassy appointment depend on location and time of the year. You should apply as soon as possible but three weeks before your trip at the latest. During high season (May-August and around the holidays), we strongly recommend to apply six weeks in advance.

Waiting time in your country

If my visa is denied, can I apply again right away?

Yes, although we recommend to wait six months and be able to include more documents that prove your ties to your country of residence and/or prove significant changes to your situation in your next application. It is common to be denied a visa for lack of sustaining evidence or documentation. These are referred to as 214(b) refusals. Keep in mind: you will need to reapply and pay a new application fee.

More information about visa denials

How long should my passport be valid for to travel to the US?

At least six months from the day you plan to return to your country.

What documents will I need to apply?

In general, every applicant must bring the following to the Embassy appointment:
  • A passport valid for at least six months from the appointment date.
  • Confirmation of your Embassy appointment (you must pay the fee before your appointment, we can help you with that!)
  • Confirmation page of the completed DS-160 form (we’ll do that for you!)
  • A current photo (in some countries, the photo is taken at the Embassy)
  • Supporting documents (such as: financial statements, a letter from an employer, an invitation letter from a relative or friend who will be hosting them in the US and proof or property) that prove ties to his or her country of residence.
More information about required docs